Santa Nella began as the site of Rancho de Centinela (Sentinel Ranch) first established by pioneering stockmen from San Juan Bautista and Monterey as place to raise horses in 1810. The former Centinela Adobe, a one-story adobe built as living quarters for the ranch was located about 3 miles downstream from the site of the later San Luis Adobe (now under the San Luis Reservoir), at the east end of the Pacheco Pass road, situated on the south bank of Arroyo de San Luis Gonzaga. The escape of many of the horses into the valley and subsequent Indian hostilities made the enterprise a failure.
The land and adobe of this old Spanish ranch was included in the Rancho San Luis Gonzaga in 1843. From the time of the California Gold Rush the stage road from Hill's Ferry crossed the San Luis Creek at Centinella on the way to connect with the Pacheco Pass road at Rancho San Luis.
Pages Updated On: 16-Jan-2018 - 07:49:31
Copyrighted: OSCTF, Inc. and TruckStopReport.Com. This site for personal use only. Information is not guaranteed or warranted. Verify with facility before visiting. Things change. Services are added, dropped or altered. Fuel brand, franchise, restaurants, etc, change. By using this site, user assumes all responsibility for their experiences on the site and on the road. Inclusion in this database is Optional. It is the staff's sole choice to include a listing or not include a listing and staff reserves 100% final decision authority. Owners/Managers of any location may at their option request to be removed, and if verified, staff will honor.
Free information on marketing your home without an agent plus useful information on Las Vegas Valley
Information on Nevada Recreational Activities